Death is an inevitable fact of life. While this is not foreseeable, we’ll have to create contingency plans to reduce future concerns and uncertainty for you and your family members.
In an unfortunate event, your family members have to notify us in a timely manner. We’ll review it on a case-to-case basis. Here are some things which you can expect,
- We will sell away all your investments and transfer the money back to the original bank account where it came from; or
- We will transfer your investments to your family member’s account. Do note that they are required to sign up with Smartly, go through the KYC/AML and provide the necessary paperwork to ensure that it is legal and able to meet the regulatory requirements
Here are some of the things which your family members should know,
- The number of investments you have with us
- Notify us in a timely manner of an account holder’s death
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of selling the investments / continue the investments with a separate account
We will do our best to ensure that the transfer situation is trouble-free and your family members will get your investments back.